Purchase your next car with confidence and peace of mind from UCOB, an RAC and CTSI Approved Dealer.
What does RAC Approved mean?
RAC Approved means that we are able to offer RAC BuySure; a guarantee that every approved car purchased comes with the following:
- 82 Point Vehicle Preparation Standard An RAC approved vehicle preparation standard that all Approved dealers have to meet and are audited on.
- RAC Warranty A minimum of 3 months RAC warranty.
- 12 Months Breakdown Cover Vehicle based breakdown including Roadside, Recovery and At Home.
- Car Data Check Ensures the vehicle you are buying isn’t stolen, written off or has outstanding finance.
- RAC Accident Care Your RAC breakdown cover includes Accident Care (for the duration of Breakdown Cover)
The RAC visit us at least 6 times per year to check that our vehicles are prepared to the high standards within their Approved Used Vehicle Code.
Essentially it’s a way of helping car buyers identify car supermarkets like UCOB, that share the same ethos for quality, integrity and exceptional customer service as the RAC.
What does CTSI Approved mean?
By adhering to the RAC’s Used Car Code of Practice, we are approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute.
The CTSI approval scheme is committed to promoting codes of practice that meet the core criteria of the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. This provides confidence to members that their operations meet high standards of the CTSI and ultimately, consumers.
Key points - Giving you confidence in your purchase from Used Cars of Bristol
- RAC Approved 82 point check vehicle standard
- RAC Warranty – A minimum of 3 months RAC Warranty
- 12 Months Breakdown Cover
- Full HPI vehicle checks completed
- RAC Accident Care – Your RAC breakdown cover includes Accident Care and Motor Legal Care (for the duration of Breakdown Cover)
- All paperwork online, ready for inspection
- Professional valet, inside and out
- Approved sources
- Test drives welcome
RAC Approved 82 Point Check
This Approved Preparation Standard is set by the RAC to ensure a consistent minimum level of vehicle preparation at all participating RAC Approved Dealers under RAC BuySure.
The preparation standard includes:
- VIN Inspection
- Vehicle History Report Obtained
- Scheduled Maintenance Performed (inc timing belt)
- Current MOT Certificate (if applicable)
- Road Test
- Cruise Control (if applicable)
- Satisfactory starting, general performance and behaviour of the vehicle
- Particular attention to the operation of clutch, transmission, steering, suspension and brakes including A.B.S.
- Listen for abnormal noises
- After road test a visual check for fluid leak
- Gauges operate properly
- Check battery and starter motor start engine with ease from both hot and cold
- Check for excessive visual emissions from exhaust
- Check hot-starting and any evidence of over-heating
- Check no stored faults on the OBD
- Ensure correct operation and efficiency of the parking brake
- No dents or scratches visible to the eye from a distance of 2m
- Windscreen free from any damage that would exclude the vehicle from an MOT test
- Check for any corrosion around paint cracks or chips
- Operation and condition of exterior mirrors
- Check all previous structural body repairs/accident damage has been repaired to a satisfactory standard
- Check body panel/alignment
- Operation of fuel filler system including petrol caps and lever release system
- Operation of bonnet catch, safety catch, hinges, tailgate supports
- Operation of door locks and central locking including child safety locks
- Inspect exterior trim for security and correct fitment
- Operation of door windows (manual / electric)
- Operation of all exterior lighting equipment and respective control lights and cluster illumination
- Operation of wipers and washers
- Operation of convertible roof mechanism (if applicable)
- Visual check of SRS functionality
- All warning lights operate correctly
- Operation of audio and alarm systems
- Operation of Navigation System (if applicable)
- Operation of Air-conditioning, heating and demist systems
- Operation of instruments, gauges and controls
- Operation of all internal equipment (e.g. cigarette lighters, sun visors, arms rests, etc)
- Operation of visual and audible driver warning systems
- Operation of parking assistance systems (if applicable)
- All drive pedals operate correctly
- Ensure no evidence of water ingress
- Operation and condition of seatbelts / mountings
- Security of seat mountings, head rests and seat adjustment mechanism
- Operation of interior lights
- Operation of rear view mirror /sun visors
- Check operation and condition of sunroof mechanism (if applicable)
- Ensure correct operation of parcel shelf
- Inspect interior trim/dashboard for tears, holes, burns or excessive soiling
- Ensure vehicle jack, tool kit, locking wheel nut and safety equipment (where applicable) are in place
- Ensure minimum tread depth of 3mm across all tyres including spare (if applicable)
- Ensure road wheels are free from distortion, gouges or visible cracking
- Ensure tyres are free from cuts, bulges and inappropriate repairs
- Inspect for evidence of uneven tyre wear or casing damage
- Check engine oil for correct level and dipstick oil sample is free from contamination
- Check coolant for correct level and that coolant is free from visual contamination
- Check vehicles charging system for minimum output
- Ensure correct gearbox fluid levels manual / automatic (where applicable)
- Check all Fluid Levels: e.g. brake, clutch, power steering, washer reservoir and battery (including security)
- Inspect auxiliary drive belts, condition and tension
- Check engine mountings for security and condition
- Inspect wiring, pipes, hoses, oil and fuel feed lines for routing, check for damage, chafing and leaks (where visible)
- Check for oil and water leaks
- Check condition of cooling system radiator and engine oil cooler/intercooler are free from damage or excessive corrosion
- Ensure no evident undue engine noise
For hybrid vehicles only:
- Check operation of Hybrid cooling system
- Inspect switchable powertrain mount Hybrid entertainment and information display
- Check entertainment and information display
- Check exhaust condition and mountings
- Check clamps and security
- Ensure no evidence of fluid or exhaust leaks
- Check Catalytic Converter
- Check operation and condition of steering for leaks and security
- Check tie rod ends, CV boots and rack boots condition
- Check condition of front and rear suspension
- No visual evidence of faults to braking components
- Ensure brake pads have a minimum of 50% material remaining
- Check underbody for excess corrosion and ensure that the chassis is free from extensive structural repairs
- Ensure transmission/driveshaft is secure and free from excessive play
You can relax. In effort to make your purchase as clear, easy and simple as possible, all the information we have on every single car in the showroom (such as MOTs and service history) will be available to view online for your ultimate peace of mind. This includes:
- Current MOT certificate
- V5 Vehicle Registration form
- HPI Confirmation Certificate
- Added extras (Sat Nav, heated seats etc)
Our HPI checks are the most thorough available on the market- expensive for us, but essential for a genuine car purchase as an estimated 1 in 3 cars on the UK’s roads have something to hide.
The check includes:
- Finance checks
- Genuine mileage check
- Previous damage to V5
- Previous total loss claims
- Information from Police, DVLA, insurance companies, finance houses, industry bodies and car car supermarkets and garages
Our team will professionally valet each car for our showroom, inside and out, to an extemporary standard. We use high quality chemicals only available to large dealers like ourselves for the ultimate care when preparing our cars for sale.
Protect your investment with Autoglym LifeShine from Used Cars of Bristol.
Road salt, traffic film, strong detergents, the weather - just some of the hazards that can diminish your car's beautiful finish. And that's just on the outside. Things can get just as messy on the inside - especially with young children.
Paintwork is professionally treated with a unique protective coating, featuring Carbon Shield Technology™
A highly durable sealant is professionally applied to interior upholstery, protecting against spills and stains.
Glass treatment is professionally applied to exterior windows, creating a non-stick, water-repellent barrier.
For more information on LifeShine and how it can protect your pride a joy, please contact a member of our sales team.